CCC Athletics NewsRoncalli
Roncalli Surges Early Against Flashes
At one point leading 30-0, the Rebels held on to deal the Franklin Central Flashes a 37-21 loss. QB Conner Gore threw for around 200 yards and three scores. Next up is conference foe Chatard.
FRANKLIN CENTRAL 21
The Rebels raced out to a 30-0 lead before the Flashes managed to dent the scoreboard. The win pushes the state’s longest current winning streak to 17 games.
A potent offensive attack lead by a dominant performance by the offensive line resulted in Roncalli rushing for 162 yards and passing for 198, outgaining FC on the night by nearly 100 yards. Ball control was once again key as the Rebels held onto the ball nearly 11 minutes longer than the Flashes.
- Conner Gore – 16 for 18 passing for 198 yards / 3 TD passes
- Patrick McManama – 16 carries for 67 yards / TD
- Elijah Mahan – 12 carries for 57 yards / TD
- Hayden Moran – 4 catches for 40 yards
- Jacob Luedeman – 17 yard TD catch
- Michael Dill – 7 catches for 114 yards / TD catch
- Murphy McManama – 3 catches for 24 yards / TD catch
The Rebel defense held the Flashes scoreless until the final play of the first half and limited them to just 19 yards rushing for the game. This was the lowest total given up in 21 games.
- Cade Morgan – 10 tackles / 2 tackles for loss / sack / safety
- John Harris – 5 tackles
- Luke Hanley – 7 tackles / half a sack
- Pete Baker – caused a fumble / interception
- Conley Jones – 4 tackles
- Jones Asher – 3 tackles / 1.5 sacks / 2 tackles for loss
- Brandon Berger – 3 tackles / sack
SPECIAL TEAMS STATS
The kicking game was once again solid, going perfect on the night in points. Very well placed throughout the kicks resulted in Roncalli enjoying a a 15 yard advantage in starting field position.
- Merrick Strykowski – 5 for 5 on PAT’s / 2 touchbacks
- Michael Dill – 46 yard punt