The Rebels and Golden Eagles met at Roncalli for what would be the hosts’ senior night. After the festivities, the Rebels wasted little time in getting on the board. Roncalli QB Conner Gore saw limited action, playing only the first offensive series for the Rebels. Roncalli held a 17-0 halftime lead after holding their guests to 47 yards in the first half. The opportunistic Golden Eagles blocked a punt in the fourth quarter which they were able to parlay into a touchdown. Another late score brought the tally to 24-14. A failed onside kick sealed the deal for Roncalli. The Rebels finished the regular season at 8-1 overall (3-0) in the conference. The Golden Eagles finished 6-3 (0-3).
Roncalli – Date & Time: Fri, Oct 13, 17 at 7:00 pm
Result: WIN 24-14
Notable: RONCALLI 24
GUERIN CATHOLIC 14
The Rebels finish off the regular season undefeated in Circle City Conference play and repeat as Conference Champions.
The Roncalli offense did their damage on the ground, amassing 239 of the team’s 278 yards via the rush.
- Alex Volk – 6 for 10 passing for 35 yards / 78 yards rushing (one for 47 yards)
- Patrick McManama – 14 carries for 86 yards (one for 28 yards) / 2 TD’s
- Elijah Mahan – 10 carries for 50 yards (one for 34 yards) / TD
- Jacob Luedeman – 2 catches for 17 yards
- Hunter Miller – 13 carries for 27 yards
The Rebel defense held Guerin to negative 7 yards rushing and just 125 total for the night.
- Cade Morgan – 6 tackles / 5 tackles for loss / 3 sacks / caused a fumble
- Brandon Berger – 3 tackles / 2 sacks / caused a fumble
- Jones Asher – 5 tackles / sack
- Tony Schott – 6 tackles / sack
- Cam Fath – 2 tackles / 2 pass break-ups
- John Harris – 6 tackles
- Tom Hodge – 4 tackles
- Conley Jones – fumble recovery
- Ethan Newett – 3 tackles / pass break-up
SPECIAL TEAMS STATS
The Kickoff team limited the Golden Eagles to an average starting position of the 24 yard line and the PAT unit finished the regular season at 100% for the year.
- Merrick Strykowski – 3 for 3 on PAT’s / 37 yard FG
- Pete Baker – 19 yard punt return
Guerin Catholic – The Golden Eagles dropped another conference game to the Roncalli Rebels on Friday night. The Rebels jumped out to a 24-0 lead before Guerin Catholic tacked on 14 points of its own. The Golden Eagles finished the regular season 6-3. Sectional play starts this week. Next up for the Golden Eagles is Brebeuf Jesuit at home this upcoming Friday. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.